The Research Process
Catch the best grade possible by making sure you understand the research process.
- Are you writing a persuasive, informative or argumentative paper?
- Select a topic of interest.
- Need an overview of your topic? Do not forget about looking in the encyclopedia.
- Brainstorm any key words you can use when searching the library circulation system or online sources.
- Remember when searching for a person, search last name, first name.
- Are you allowed to use websites?
- Remember when you use NewsBank, INSPIRE, and World Book online you are using the Internet to get to these sources. These are not websites. They will be cited as a book, magazine, newspaper, or reference book.
- Make sure you have the right number of good sources needed for your paper/project. Your teacher will let you know the number of sources required.
- Make sure you understand how the notecards are to be completed.
- Make sure you understand the works cited page. Remember you can use Citation Machine.
- Great book sources are available for you to use in the library media center.
- Don't forget to check out the titles available on Raider eLibrary. It is a growing collection.